Frown lines between your eyebrows can make you look tired and older than you feel. Dysport® is an FDA-approved injectable that is highly effective for treating moderate to severe frown lines, refreshing your appearance with youthful results.
WHY CHOOSE HUBBARD PLASTIC SURGERY AND SKIN ENHANCEMENT FOR DYSPORT®?
Hubbard Plastic Surgery provides Dysport® in Virginia Beach to reduce facial expression lines. Our nurse injector works directly with Dr. Hubbard to determine appropriate patient treatments, and Dr. Hubbard is available should any questions or concerns arise.
People in Virginia Beach want the natural enhancements that the skilled treatment professionals at Hubbard Plastic Surgery provide with Dysport®. Request a consultation online or contact our office by calling (757) 600-6227 to discuss your options.
WHAT IS DYSPORT®?
Dysport® is an injectable wrinkle-relaxer containing the purified protein Botulinum Type A. When injected, it temporarily relaxes the muscles. We inject it precisely to ensure you can still make a full range of facial expressions for naturally beautiful results. In short, Dysport® is natural-looking, fast-acting, and long-lasting.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR DYSPORT®?
Most adults between 35 and 65 who meet the following criteria are candidates for Dysport®:
- Mild to severe facial wrinkles
- In overall good health
- No preexisting skin conditions
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DYSPORT®?
Dysport® is an excellent way to smooth wrinkles and revitalize your facial appearance. It can be paired with other comprehensive anti-aging and facial rejuvenation treatments, such as injectable hyaluronic acid filler, Morpheus8 or laser treatments.
According to the manufacturer, 95% of patients were satisfied with the results of receiving two treatments per year. 97% of Dysport® users thought their results appeared natural, and more than 95% of patients felt confident, happy, and attractive following treatment.
Some of the Dysport® benefits include:
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive wrinkle reduction
- It contains less protein than other neurotoxins, so that it can spread more evenly
- No downtime after treatment
- No developed resistance after multiple treatments
- Results can appear in just three to four days
- Results last up to four months
- Treatment takes ten to twenty minutes
DYSPORT® VS. BOTOX®
Dysport® and BOTOX® have many similarities, such as:
- Both non-surgically reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face and forehead
- Both are types of neurotoxins that relax facial muscles and block muscle contractions to smooth skin
- Both are derived from the botulinum toxin
- Both are safe to use in small amounts with quick recovery rates
- Both are FDA-approved
- The price of treatment is approximately the same
However, the two injectables also have some noticeable differences. The most significant difference is the level of concentration. Dysport® is more diluted than BOTOX®, so our nurse injector may need more product to fill one area than another.
Another difference is that Dysport® takes effect after a couple of days, and results can last up to four months. With BOTOX®, you may start seeing results within one week, but full results can take up to one month to develop.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE PROCEDURE AND RECOVERY?
Dysport® injections are quick and easy, taking less than thirty minutes. Your nurse injector will mark the intended injection sites and may apply a topical agent to numb the skin if desired. One injection into the five points between and above the eyebrows temporarily prevents muscle contractions that cause frown lines. After ensuring you aren’t experiencing any adverse reactions, you can leave and go about your day!
Over the next few days, you’ll see changes in your wrinkles and overall appearance. How long these results last can vary; generally, four months after your injections, you will need a follow-up treatment if you do not want the dynamic wrinkles to reappear.
Some do’s, and don’ts for best results include:
- Avoid alcohol for at least 48 hours to minimize the risk of bruising.
- Do not massage your face or injection areas to avoid spreading Dysport® to other parts of the face
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity for at least 24 hours
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 24 hours
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after
© Hubbard Plastic Surgery & Skin Enhancement. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Developed by Studio III