Why Choose Dr. Hubbard for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Dr. Hubbard was one of the first plastic surgeons in Hampton Roads to adopt modern fat grafting to the buttocks over 10 years ago. As techniques and instrumentation improved, Dr. Hubbard evolved and remained at the forefront of this technology. Brazilian Butt Lift in Virginia Beach involves harvesting fat cells from one or more areas of the body such as the abdomen, flanks, back or inner thighs. Because each person’s anatomy and goals are different, Dr. Hubbard varies the pattern and volume of injections based on these individual needs. In this way he can produce a more reliable and aesthetically pleasing result. In more recent years, results and safety have taken another leap forward with the introduction of two significant advances: pump delivery where fat is deposited in an extremely smooth consistent low-pressure way and subcutaneous placement proven to be safer. This is also known as expansion vibration lipofilling.
Dr. Thomas Hubbard is an experienced plastic surgeon who is well regarded for his technical precision and consistent results. He stays updated on the latest technological advancements of all aspects of body contouring. Dr. Hubbard has stayed at the forefront of liposuction methods which have also evolved considerably in recent years. He uses powered precision instruments in a high definition pattern. Today liposuction is far from just bulk fat removal, it is now done in a planned pattern to leave contours and cast subtle shadows that mimic a more youthful, sculpted, athletic look, thus the term high definition. Request a consultation online or contact our office by calling (757) 600-6227 to discuss your options.
Brazilian Butt Lift Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Am I a Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian Butt lift using fat grafting is most appropriate for people who are unhappy with the appearance of their backside and would like an enhanced size or shape. Patients experiencing the following are candidates for the procedure:
- Changes in age, diet, and activity level that cause the lower body to hollow or sink in.
- Small, hollowed or flat buttock due to weight loss or genetics, age or pregnancy.
- Desire to change the proportion of their body to create a more shapely figure in general.
Not only is every body type unique, but each patient has their own personal ideas about their appearance. Some want their results very subtle and others want more dramatic change in proportions, size, projection and volume. This is why Dr. Hubbard always wants to meet with his patients for at least two thorough discussions and usually three about the exact surgical plans and goals.
Because the procedure uses existing fat cells, the availability of fat in the body is an important consideration. Generally, those who are very thin or have very little body fat are not good candidates for a Virginia Beach butt augmentation with fat grafting.
What is the Difference Between a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Traditional Butt Augmentation?
A traditional Butt Augmentation uses a silicone implant to round out the buttocks while a Brazilian Butt Lift uses your fat.
What can I Expect During my Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure?
The Brazilian butt lift, also known as a BBL or buttocks/gluteal augmentation, reshapes the outer thighs and buttocks, so they appear more rounded and voluptuous. Most patients don’t realize the fat transfer to the buttocks is two operations: the liposuction to harvest the fat and placement of the fat into the buttocks. Dr. Hubbard must be meticulous during each procedure. First, he has to carefully handle the fat for its survival and then distribute through injections in a carefully planned pattern, recognizing that no two patients are the same and there are usually asymmetries.
At Hubbard Plastic Surgery we have developed one of the most extensively trained and experienced teams for this complex surgery in Southeast Virginia. Our operating rooms are the size of hospital ORs to accommodate our professionally trained staff and extensive instrumentation. For much of the surgery, two surgical techs are assisting, and an anesthetist is present. Whether fat is being suctioned or injected, the volume is constantly recorded for accuracy. Fat is processed after removal and antibiotics added before injecting into the buttock. The patient’s position is changed as needed and all appropriate padding is carefully placed. Our operating room tables have sophisticated warming systems, as maintaining a normal temperature is shown to enhance safety in this type of surgery. This we don’t compromise with.
Patients should also be informed of the following about our Brazilian Butt Lift in Virginia Beach:
- Our Brazilian Butt Lift is done under general anesthesia, either on an outpatient basis or with an overnight stay.
- We monitor your vital signs to ensure you are entirely safe.
- Before surgery, Dr. Hubbard carefully plans and marks the treatment area to determine where the augmentation will be performed. This requires the eye of a sculptor and three-dimensional planning.
- Usually, fat is removed from the lower back and flank region. This narrowing of the waist greatly enhances the shape and projection of the buttock.
- Dr. Hubbard will insert a cannula—a narrow tube to remove the fat.
- After the fat is harvested, it is processed, and the injections are performed.
- Dr. Hubbard pays close attention to the location and amount administered to obtain results that are symmetric and natural-looking.
How Can I Expect to Heal After Surgery?
- You will need to avoid pressure on the area of grafting to your buttocks for weeks after surgery.
- After the procedure, an elastic garment is placed to provide support. We recommend you wear it 2 to 4 weeks or longer depending on the exact procedure.
- Sitting must be altered or limited for weeks depending on the areas injected.
- Swelling is a common side effect and will most likely subside over the course of several weeks after surgery.
- Regular physical activities and exercise may be resumed within 1 to 2 months.
- The amount of grafted fat remaining at four months is unlikely to change significantly without body weight changes.
- The swelling is usually gone within 4 weeks.
Am I a Candidate for a Complete Makeover?
Those who want a more dramatic lifting effect often choose a buttock lift or thigh lift to help firm, rather than fill, the backside. Additionally, many women may wish to create more feminine curves by adding a breast augmentation procedure.
Please visit our photo gallery page to see examples of patients who have undergone our Brazilian Butt Lift and butt augmentation in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake.
© Hubbard Plastic Surgery & Skin Enhancement. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Developed by Studio III